Adventure Lodge Pet Policy
Pet friendly Lodge located Algonquin Park, Muskoka, Ontario. Authentic Log Cottages and Log Cabins at the Adventure Lodge. All-Inclusive with Meals.
All pets are required to check-in at the Front Desk at Adventure Lodge upon arrival at the property, NO FEES if you follow all these Rules; Rules that will benefit everyone for staying at the same time and for future Guests!
Failure to notify Adventure Lodge at check-in of bringing a pet on property will result in possible eviction from the property and a surcharge of $ 100.00 added to your bill.
To ensure the safety and happiness of all our guests we have instituted certain policies and procedures regarding your pet to be followed during your entire stay with us.
- No Pets are allowed to walk on the Couples Resort Property, only on the Adventure Lodge Property.
- Pet must be fully trained and appropriately restrained by guest
- Pet must comply with local legislation requirements.
- Pet must be kept on a leash or in a cage when in the Lodge or in any public or common place on Lodge property unless it is in the guest’s room.
- When away from your room please keep your pet in a secured kennel/cage to ensure safety of our staff and your pet.
- The hotel advises against leaving your pet unattended but if the need should arise, we ask you to notify the front desk and leave a telephone number that you may reached at in case of emergency or noise complaints.
- Pets are prohibited from the restaurant. This exclusion does not apply to guide dogs.
- If guest requires a pet-sitter or pet supplies, they should contact the lodge with advance notice.
- Any contravention of applicable statutes, laws, or regulations respecting the welfare of the animals will be reported to the proper authorities.
- Guests are responsible for cleaning up after their pet on Lodge property and in the neighbourhood. Please be advised that there is a grass area at the rear of the hotel to allow their pets to do their business. Disposable bags are available from the Front Desk at no charge and are to be disposed of in any of the outside garbage receptacles only. Pet owners must pick up after their pets or a $150.00 clean up fee will be added to their room account.
- Guests must contact the housekeeping department to arrange for a convenient time for servicing their room. YOU MUST BE IN YOUR ROOM, OR OUT WITH YOUR PET WHEN THE MAID IS CLEANING THE ROOM. THE MAID WILL NOT CLEAN YOUR ROOM IF THE PET IS IN THE ROOM WITHOUT YOU!
- A pet that becomes aggressive, disruptive (such as barking) or to any guest or other person in the lodge must be immediately removed from the lodge upon request. You will be given an opportunity to eliminate any noise complaints from other guests. In the event you are unable to satisfy this clause you will be asked to leave the property and could be financially responsible for any and all costs associated with appeasing the guest complaints.
- Guests are responsible for all property damages and/or personal injuries resulting from their pet. As the registered guest you are financially responsible for any possible damages caused by the pet including lost potential lodge income. You are also responsible for any excessive and / or exceptional cleaning charges at the hotel property. This includes, but is not limited to pet odors, pet stains and excessive hair.
- Guests agree to indemnify and hold harmless the hotel, its owners and its operator from all liability and damage suffered as a result of the guest’s pet. Pet owners agree to indemnity, hold harmless and defend The Adventure Lodge, its owners, agents and employees from any and all liability, claims, losses, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorney fees) arising out of or relating to any claim for personal injury or property damage caused by the pet.
- Pet owners accept full responsibility for any and all liability, claims, losses, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorney fees) for personal injury or property damage that may result from the pet. Pet owner agrees to make reimbursement for such damages on demand.
- The hotel reserves the right to charge guest’s account commensurate to the cost of such damages.
- We DO NOT permit male cats that are not neutered at this hotel – NO EXCEPTIONS! Documentation will be required at check-in.
- Collars and leashes must be brought.
- The use of carriers and cages are highly recommended.
- Dogs are required to have had all of their shots and should be free of fleas and ticks. Papers are required and will be asked for at check-in.
PLEASE NOTE: Biting or aggressive dogs are not allowed, regardless of muzzle guard or cage. Pit Bulls are forbidden.
- It is recommended that the owner have a carrier.
- All cats must have had their shots. Papers are required at check-in.
- We do not permit male cats that are not neutered – No Exceptions!
- Neutered male cats may only be left alone in the room if in a carrier.
- Neutered male cat owners must sign a liability form for damages.
You have indicated your agreement by signing the Pet Registration Form provided at check-in. The ADVENTURE LODGE reserves the right to charge your account equal to the cost of such damages.
It is the strict policy of this lodge to have any guest bringing a pet, that this form be signed and adhered to. If you are uncomfortable in signing this form (at check-in), then we are sorry, but we will be unable to accommodate you.
We hope your stay with us is enjoyable and we look forward to welcoming you again soon. Thank you for your cooperation.
Food & Water Bowls – Are available for use at no charge from the Front Desk for the duration of your stay and may be left in the room upon checkout. Failure to comply will result in a charge of $ 20.00 each bowl added to your hotel bill upon check-out.